Supporting the Foundation
There are many different ways you can donate and demonstrate your support for the men and women who serve our country bravely and selflessly.
- For more information about monetary donations visit Make a Donation.
- eScrip Program
- Sponsor a District or Post Fundraiser: Host a pancake breakfast, spaghetti dinner, golf tournament, place a donation bucket in your Post, hold a "meet and greet" with a politician or partner with a corporate sponsor. If you have an idea or would like to help in organizing an event, please contact your District Representative or call our office at (916) 509-8712.
- Donate Your Used Vehicle: Donating your vehicle is an easy way to make a donation to the Foundation. You can donate a vehicle, running or not!! Proceeds from the disposition of these vehicles may be tax deductible.
- Donate Real Estate or Land: A major funding source for the VFWCA Foundation has come from generous donations of real estate. Your donation of a building, house, land or other property can generate a substantial source of income for the Foundation. Please check with your attorney, accountant or other financial consultant on the tax deductibility of this generous type of donation. Please contact the VFWCA Foundation office if you are interested in donating property and we can work with you and your advisors to help facilitate your very generous donation.
- Donate Your Airline Miles, Travel Voucher or Hotel Points: A donation of your airline miles, travel voucher or hotel points can greatly help reduce the cost of travel for a needy veteran or staff member. By reducing the overhead cost of travel, you can ensure that a greater percentage of donated funds is being used to improve the lives of our heroes and not for overhead expenses.
- Include the Foundation in Your Estate Plan: Including the VFWCA Foundation in your estate planning can substantially support the mission of the Foundation, while reducing the potential negative tax consequences to your loved ones or trust. The Foundation can work with your estate planning consultant to facilitate language for such a donation from your estate. Please contact our office for more information on how you can include the Foundation in your personal or family estate plan.
- Life Insurance: Most people carry life insurance directly with an insurance company or through other sources such as automatic coverage through an employer, retirement account, pension program or via a credit card. These policies ask that you name a beneficiary to whom funds can be transferred in the case of your death. By naming the VFWCA Foundation as a beneficiary on your life insurance policy, you can leave an important legacy gift at no expense to you or your loved ones.
- Matching Gift Program: Many companies will match employee nonprofit charitable giving dollar for dollar through their corporate matching program. These employers will essentially double your contribution to the VFWCA Foundation!! For example, if you donate $100, your company will match that so your total donation will double to $200. This type of giving is a great way to maximize your personal contribution. Check with your Human Resources office to see if your company participates in such a program.
- Corporate Sponsorships: Many companies have formal giving programs to support their preferred nonprofit organizations. Corporate sponsorship programs can be one of the most important components in the annual budget of any nonprofit. Companies making these types of donations can receive important tax deductions and benefit from marketing of their organization to members of the Foundation. Please contact the VFWCA Foundation office if your company is interested in forming a partnership for corporate giving.