Excelsior College Education Partnership for VFW Members
Department of California VFW members, their spouses, ladies auxiliary members and their spouses receive significant savings on Excelsior College tuition and fees though this education partnership to bring reduced tuition and fees for associate and bachelor degrees and a reduction in tuition for master degrees and undergraduate and graduate credit bearing certificate programs.
Excelsior College helps busy working adults earn the degrees they need through a variety of flexible distance education programs.
What a student should know:
1. You can receive a pre-evaluation review of your military and civilian credits toward the associate or bachelor degree you are closest to completing based on your credits. This will allow you to bypass the application fee and process to be able to go straight to enrollment.
a. To receive a pre-evaluation review, please provide all your unofficial military and civilian transcripts in one email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them with a cover sheet to 518-608-8142. Information provided via email or fax should contain:
- your name
- contact information (address, phone, email)
- the degree program you would like to apply your credits toward
b. Excelsior College will provide you a pre-evaluation of your previously earned college credits toward a degree you are closest to or a degree of your choice within 2 – 3 weeks.
2. If you take at least 6 credits in a year you will be able to bypass the annual fee
3. Prior to degree completion, you must take 12 credits via online courses at Excelsior College
Email - email@example.com
Call - 888-647-2388, ext. 1352
Fax - 518-608-8142
Go to Department of California VFW landing page at the Excelsior website for more information: http://www.excelsior.edu/web/partners/vfw-california